SLAW, with TEQUILA LIME VINAIGRETTE
This is a favorite with Bob’s Basque style pork and pulled pork dishes. It is similar to the Apple-jicama Slaw recipe that we switch to during apple season. In season blood orange juice may be substituted.
- 1/2 head Savoy cabbage, approximately 2 cups, julienne
- 1 carrot, julienne, fine or shred on grater
- 4-5 sprigs cilantro leaves, no stems, please
- For dressing: 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons Tequila, Cuervo, chef preferred
- 1/2-2 teaspoon agave or honey
- pinch sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
SLAW: Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl with dressing, tossing to combine.
DRESSING: Blend lime juice, tequila, smallest agave, and pinch of salt. Taste for level of sweetness, and add another 1/2 teaspoon agave if desired. At service Toss the dressing over the slaw and coat evenly well. After 5 minutes add the oil and let stand at least 10 minutes before serving to meld the flavors together.