SALAD, FRESH CHERRY & FENNEL with Feta Cheese
As seen at MARKET DINNER SHOW during the summer of 2012.
1 bulb fennel, sliced
- 1 pound FRESH cherries, pitted (Bings or Rainiers or both)
- 1-2 Tablespoon maple balsamic vinegar (use cider vinegar plus a teaspoon of maple syrup to substitute or just rice wine vinegar works too)
- 3-4 Tablespoons EVOO
- 1 Tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- salt pepper and ground coriander to taste
- 2 ounces feta cheese, cubed
Prepare fruit and fennel. Toss with vinegar and EVOO. Add chives, parsley and seasonings. Garnish with cubed feta and serve.
Chef Note: Since feta can be salty, cut back on salt, but give ample grinds of fresh coriander and black pepper.